Take a 'Virtual Recess' with The Genius of Play & Women in Toys
July 1, 2021 | The Toy Association’s Genius of Play initiative is encouraging all play professionals to take a “play break” this summer through a series of weekly virtual events, developed and hosted in partnership with Women in Toys, Licensing, and Entertainment (WIT).
Beginning July 13, everyone is invited to put aside their work for 30 minutes every Tuesday and take part in “Virtual Recess” sessions hosted by Play Ambassadors from The Genius of Play.
“We are thrilled to partner with Women in Toys on this new initiative highlighting the importance of play at any age,” said Anna Yudina, senior director of marketing initiatives at The Toy Association. “We know play isn’t just for kids and there are many benefits to adults setting aside some time in their day to play. We encourage everyone to join us and be inspired by new ideas to integrate play into their daily routine!”
The schedule of events will include:
- The Value-Add of Doodling with Nancy Zwiers (July 13);
- Juggling Work, Life & All the Things with Antonia Llull (July 20);
- Nothing Trivial about Trivia with Sarah Baskin (July 27);
- Finders, Keepers: Zoom Edition with Alex Breaux (August 3);
- Simon Says it’s Time to Play with Acey Holmes (August 10); with more to follow.
Registration is now open.